Monday 20 June 2016

MARXIST MIASMA

 I like the way this guy (Mark Imisides) thinks and I believe he has nailed our current culture on the head....'green fog' indeed; a mindless mist of Marxist miasma:
With a Ph.D. in chemistry, and many years experience in both the academic and private sectors, the major thrust of my campaign will be countering the green fog that has descended upon our nation and is stifling the productivity of both our primary producers and the resources sector. My impramatur for doing this is twofold: firstly, I will not stand idly by and watch what ought to be the unadulterated pursuit of objective truth – science – be perverted for political ends. Secondly, as a scientist I am in a position to call to account those for whom the pursuit of science is simply a veneer. In short I have the scientific clout to expose them.
The most well-known example of this, of course is the unproven theory of so-called anthropogenic global warming (AGW) – “climate change” to the punter in the street. Stated plainly there are three things that need to be proven before we should spend a cent upon reducing carbon dioxide emissions. Firstly, it needs to be proven that carbon dioxide has a significant effect upon global warming. Secondly, it needs to be proven that this warming is a bad thing, and thirdly, it must be proven that we can actually do anything about it.
I have studied the heart of the polemic for years, and if given the opportunity, I would argue this case strongly in both Federal Parliament and anywhere else the opportunity arose. Moreover, I would be unconstrained by any requirement to adopt a certain narrative for party political purposes, as might be the case if I were part of a major party. So in this case I’d be in a position to criticize the equally idiotic “direct action” and carbon tax policies (in whatever form the ALP want to give it to us).
But there are many more cases of green tentacles worming their way into our life. Although it is easy to blame the Greens political party. I do not think they have that much power. I see the Greens as more a symptom than the cause of the green mindset that has taken hold. This mindset means that the prefixes eat go and Enviro and green friendly are now everywhere, being used in business names and slogans that have nothing to do with the environment. But simply because they believe that it will generate business. And it has reached ridiculous proportions. There is a workboot recycling business here in Perth that tells us that we are “looking after the planet"by recycling our boots with them.
I think that this mindset is part of a post-modern interpretation of life that ostensibly rejects absolute moral codes, but simply substitutes its own. And what could be more morally pure than saving the planet

No comments:

Post a Comment