Friday 27 May 2011

Orwellian perspicacity

Interesting quote from George Orwell who though himself aligned with the 'left-wing', despised the poseurs amongst them. I too was viewed as 'left wing' in South Africa merely because I actively opposed apartheid. Context changes perception.
What sickens me about left-wing people, especially the intellectuals, is their utter ignorance of the way things actually happen. I was always struck by this when I was in Burma and used to read anti- imperialist stuff.
The unreality of many left-wing 'luvvies' is what makes them both amusing and dangerous. Amusing in that it is sometimes difficult to imagine that (intelligent?) people can be so unreasonable, and dangerous because they promote and champion ideological policies that usely end with tragic consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment