Monday 8 April 2013

Creeping totalitarianism

I have been very remiss of late in my blog pontifications.
Perhaps it is because I have had a school-terms worth of teaching and have thus been able to express my issues with a select but attentive group of worthy thinkers.
However, I am once again motivated to share with you; my few remaining blog surfers, the columns/information which provide a close proximity to my own train of thought.
Therefore, and in that vein, I think this article worth reading. http://www.quadrant.org.au/blogs/qed/2013/04/if-the-jackboot-fits
It deals with how the term fascism has been subverted to mean only totalitarianism of the right where in fact it applies equally (perhaps more so) to the left and is the most accurate term for the creeping (accelerating) hegemony that embodies the current 'government' of Australia's worldview.
The article expresses rather eloquently a perspective that I agree with.

No comments:

Post a Comment