Monday 26 September 2022

I STAND THEREFORE I AM.

I stand convicted of the many personal failures sown throughout my life. I speak as a gross and sometimes recalcitrant sinner and therefore not from a Pharisaical position, Lord guard my heart I pray. But if we as Christians are not prepared to stand against the debauchery, degradation, and obvious evils of our culture, if we refuse to speak out against the political thuggery being perpetrated on everybody, but most importantly on too many Christians in our culture(most quite subtlety as yet but in some cases less so), even if our voice is small and seemingly insignificant. If we use as an excuse; “I don't want to be political, I just want to preach the gospel” I ask ‘what gospel is it you want to preach that does not affect the lives of those being persecuted?’ I ask what is ‘political’ other than involvement with issues and circumstances that affect people?

Did you stand against the vaccine mandate which grossly violated our bodily autonomy(what happened to ‘my body my choice’)? Do you speak up against the Abortion ‘Murder Inc’ industry and encourage those of your congregations or friends to do likewise? Are you speaking up against the cult of climate change and its impoverishment of whole nations, mostly the poor ones(e.g. Sri Lanka) and encouraging your friends and/or congregants to do like wise? Did you vote for or against the trashing of God’s order for marriage? Have you been seduced into believing that pushing the LGBTetc agenda is the ‘loving’ thing to do when statistics show the inordinate amount of degradation, debasement and suicides that result from this sexual addiction, aside from God’s calling it an abomination? Do you believe that God created us ‘man and woman’ or did God make a whole series of mistakes with the result that there are multitudes of ‘in-betweeners’?

I realise that it is much easier for some than for others, but ultimately do we really believe that Jesus died for our sins and rescued us from death? Do we live as if that were true? I am trying to, and I pray often that God grants me the courage at the correct and appropriate moment to do what He expects me to do and to say. I pray you do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment