Thursday 22 August 2013

The test of Character

The testimonies on this blog say it all...this should win the election hands down for Tony Abbott, and that fact that it matters little, is an indictment on the culture that is today:
 
Who won last night’s debate? Ask make-up artist Lily Fontana:
Just finished doing Kevin Rudd and Tony Abbott’s makeup for the People’s Forum at the Broncos Leagues Club.
One of them was absolutely lovely, engaged in genuine conversation with me, acknowledge that I had a job to do and was very appreciative. The other did the exact opposite! Oh boy, I have ever had anyone treat me so badly whilst trying to do my job. Political opinions aside...from one human being to another...Mr Abbott, you win hands down.
(Thanks to reader Josephine.)
UPDATE
Reader ausebell has a similar measure:

At the end of the night when Abbott invited the crowd to ‘ask more questions of him’ we saw Abbott swamped with people, while Rudd looked a lonely figure as a couple of young men wanted a selfie with him. No-one wanted to speak with him. He left after 5 minutes while Abbott stayed for another 1/2 hour, with a line of people wanting to meet and speak with him. I don’t think they noticed Rudd leave and I doubt they really cared.
UPDATE
Abbott’s staff confirms: OPPOSITION Leader Tony Abbott’s office has confirmed Lily Fontana did his make up before the forum.
“It wasn’t Tony that was rude to her,” his spokesman said.
So do other make-up artists:
Friends of Ms Lily Fontana were quick to respond to her Facebook comment:

“Anybody that has ever spent time with both men (which I have ) will tell you exactly the same,” one friend posted. “Abbott a genuine decent man, Rudd an elitist grub who thinks he is superior to all!!!!”
Another said they had also had a “very similar experience”.
“I second this Lily. I have had a very similar experience! Must run in the family as Mr Howard and Mr Costello were gentlemen with a capital G. Mr Abbott is following in their footsteps. The other, I could not even face book how he treated the crew. Just abhorrent!”

No comments:

Post a Comment