Wednesday 17 August 2016

HOMESCHOOLING

Yesterday I visited a local school to change my registration of Conor so that he could participate in the PAT exam system. From the very moment I walked into the school building I felt oppressed. It was very weird, but not as weird as the reception I received on making enquiries re: Homeschooling.

The Teacher unions HATE homeschoolers and the more militantly Marxist amongst them (and they are legion) are actively trying to outlaw homeschooling. In some Western countries at the moment if parents try to home school they can be imprisoned and have their children taken away from them. THIS IS IN THE WEST!!!!

Anyway, while waiting for the school counsellor, who evidently is the one dealing with homeschooling (?) I looked around at the various framed certificates and awards liberally littering the front office walls. One registration for exemption from water restrictions had expired in 2007, another was an award prominently boasting of the schools 'proud' acceptance of the 'safe schools' charter, which is in its very nomenclature, deceptive...in fact rather Orwellian in nature.

After meeting with the stern faced/mannered commissar, counsellor, I was re-affirmed in my decision to home-school Conor and vow never to send him to such a font of oppression while there is still life in these bones.
Having said that I do not lump all schools into this bracket. There are a few good schools left and there is one to which we could quite easily send him for a period.

No comments:

Post a Comment