Saturday 9 July 2011

Thank you!

I realise that in the great scheme of things one thousand (1000) page views means very little, but to those who have 'tuned in' to my ramblings I thank you for your attention in the face of some rather incoherent and sometimes even insensitive expressions of frustration as well as a long period of being 'missing in action' due to major heart surgery.

I was for many years quite opposed to the Internet, thinking that it was a distraction, a suspicious receptacle of erroneous information and a conduit for negative attitudes but, I have gradually been 'converted' to the opinion that the Internet (with all of its problems) can actually serve a positive function. Indeed I have witnessed how, in an age of exceptionally biased main stream media reporting, the Internet has been a vehicle for the dissemination of truth, an elucidation of arguments and (rather cathartically) a means for self-expression.  

No comments:

Post a Comment