Thursday 29 June 2017

THE CALL TO WATCHMEN

I hear all around me talk of surrendering the struggle for normal values; values that have been around for millennia, as 'inevitable'. The Same sex marriage debate for example. Those who argue for retaining the marriage act in its original form as a safeguard against broken family values are vilified as 'haters', homophobes, bigots.

We have not only surrendered our values but are in the process of surrendering our language as well.

No argumentation is forthcoming over the faults in the argument for conserving the age-old reading of marriage, the opposition have no rational arguments other than ideological differences and emotional diatribes anchored in emotional illogicality.

More than 50 years ago the Christian philosopher Francis Schaeffer concluded that people would eventually give up everything and sacrifice all of their principles for what he termed; "the hope of personal peace and prosperity.

I believe that is what lies behind these calls for a surrender to the 'inevitable'.

The 'inevitable' is thus not so...it is only inevitable if we surrender.
I believe that the struggle against the now exposed 'cultural Marxism' which has been whittling away at our freedoms and has largely 'won' the struggle within the institutions; think the media, the university's, the education departments, big business(crony capitalism), Hollywood etc....can be defeated by a renewed dedication and a shift in tactics.

Brexit & Trump and the extreme reaction to these conservative victories by the elites who have considered the battle won for many years now, has exposed cultural Marxism for what it is.
The elite left is soft because they have had things their own way for so long.

If the truly conservative voice puts aside their differences for the good of the many, resist the siren call of 'personal peace and prosperity' (i.e. make decisions based on the greater good rather than what is good for me and my pocket) if we are able to finance media outlets, educational institutions that follow the line of objective reporting and absolute truths, embrace those in Hollywood who believe in conservative values and back their movies, boycott all propaganda from the left in all its forms and teach those who follow us to do the same then we can begin to slowly turn the tide.

It will not be easy and I am not sure that we have enough time before the inevitable result of our current course which can only be war because the death of debate and argument can only lead to a power struggle, but we owe it to our children to try.

A friend read a passage of scripture; Ezekiel 3, to me yesterday that was both encouraging as well as sobering in its challenge:
Ezekiel’s Task as Watchman
16 At the end of seven days the word of the LORD came to me:
17 “Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
18 When I say to a wicked person, ‘You will surely die,’ and you do not warn them or speak out to dissuade them from their evil ways in order to save their life, that wicked person will die for their sin, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.
19 But if you do warn the wicked person and they do not turn from their wickedness or from their evil ways, they will die for their sin; but you will have saved yourself.
20“Again, when a righteous person turns from their righteousness and does evil, and I put a stumbling block before them, they will die. Since you did not warn them, they will die for their sin. The righteous things that person did will not be remembered, and I will hold you accountable for their blood.
21 But if you do warn the righteous person not to sin and they do not sin, they will surely live because they took warning, and you will have saved yourself.”
22 The hand of the LORD was on me there, and he said to me, “Get up and go out to the plain, and there I will speak to you.”
23 So I got up and went out to the plain. And the glory of the LORD was standing there, like the glory I had seen by the Kebar River, and I fell facedown.


No comments:

Post a Comment