Friday 16 September 2011

History repeating.

Talking about barometers of spiritual toxins:
The BBC’s Thomas Dinham is worried by Egypt’s revolution and the casual bigotry in its streets:
While walking in the street someone pushed me from behind with such force that I nearly fell over.
Turning around, I found myself surrounded by five men, one of whom tried to punch me in the face. I stopped the attack by pointing out how shameful it was for a Muslim to assault a guest in his country, especially during Ramadan.
Relieved that a seemingly random assault was over, I was appalled by the apology offered by one of my assailants. “Sorry,” he said contritely, offering his hand, “we thought you were a Jew.”
Egypt has an interesting history of first accommodating then oppressing the Jewish folk. Seems it didn't turn out so good for them 3000 years ago, I am quite sure its not going to be any different today.

No comments:

Post a Comment